Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Embossing with Dimensional Paint

Happy Place

To say I was inspired by one of our entries to the eP embossing challenges would be an understatement!! 

When i saw Judith's adorable card I was inspired to try a new technique with some of the Art Anthology dimensional paint. 
I wondered what would it look like if I painted the background and then used the paint through a Prima stencil?







The paint is a little more loose than embossing paste so you don't develop a super crisp image but I love the subtle embossed image again the background. 






I also loved the way the mist puddled on the dried paint and created highlights in the indentations.



I used an old TA mist for the subtle yellow and Dylusions sprays in Calypso Teal and Dirty Martini for the splatters and green accents.  I used some Petaloo color me crazy flowers and Prima Cartographer flowers. The Key hole and resin pieces are Prima as well. 

Loved this fun pic of aubrey Sue for this super fun bright layout. Hope you enjoyed my take on embossing!

{{hugs}}
Andiepants

6 comments:

toni said...

What a lovely layout! Love the vibrant colours with the fe bossing and added flowers, fabulous cheeky photo too x

Julia Aston said...

What a great design for your page Andie! love that photo and your bright colors and beautiful blooms!

Steph Ackerman said...

Lovely. What a great way to use the paint and stencil.

Kara said...

beautiful!

Micki said...

It's gorgeous girl! Really love the bright colors too and now my ever growing wish list just grew some more, lol..... PS Love that photo.

Sue Lelli said...

Oh Wow, Andie! This is GORGEOUS! First that photo is Adorable and oh so Happy and I LOVE your cibrant colors and embossing! FAB layout!