Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 29, 2015

Create Your Own Sunshine

Howdy friends! For those of you who don't visit my personal blog, I'm sharing a project that I created last week, 
using embossing powders on a project. Here's my finished card and this is how I created it...

I started with a piece of Mixed Media cardstock, perfect for any kind of ink, spray, or paint. I used Distress 
Markers, a water brush and my non-stick craft sheet to add color to the background (and it appears that I'm still a 
bit obsessed with pink and grey).
I scribbled ink from the marker on the non-stick craft sheet and then picked up the ink with the water brush. 
Then I just swiped the brush over the cardstock.

Next I used some of Wendy's stencils to add some background design, using Watering Can Archival Ink
 (my favorite color ever!)
I also used the oval shape from the Spotlight Frames and Mask set to create a mask on my background, which I
 then traced with a black Fude Ball pen. I then used the oval shape frame to act as a mask for my background so 
that I could stencil the Sunburst shape and keep the burst within the border on my frame. I then stamped the 
sentiment and swirl from the Paper Doll Art stamp set.

My card features spot embossing, meaning that instead of embossing a large area I'm only embossing a portion 
of a larger piece. You can see my Watering Can embossed lines at the top and bottom of my card.
Next, I used the new Tiny Shapes Movers & Shakers dies (aren't they the tiniest, cutest dies ever!) to die cut a 
few embossed butterflies. For quick and easy die cut embossing, I first added some Distress Ink to a scrap piece 
of manila tag and then used clear embossing powder. Then I just die cut the shapes out of the already embossed 
tag!
Next, it was time to assemble! And here is my completed card...
You can see that I embossed the butterflies, my gal's apron, gloves, and lips. This was done by first stamping or 
coloring the image and then using a VersaMark pen to color over the area that was embossed, I used clear 
powder for these areas so that the colors would show through the powder.

Hope you enjoyed today's project!!

No comments: